Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Journal Question 4/23/2013

Q1: What is your priority list as of today, with two weeks before the deadline?

A: My number one priority is getting the lines and colors done! Then sound effects then music. I really think this piece can work without music but im going to try my best to incorporate music.

Q2: Which "babies are you prepared to kill", if necessary, in order to finish your film on time (May 7) and fit it within the 90 second - 2 minute time constraint - think of in-betweening, simplified color, and eliminating shots not integral to the story.

A: Man where to begin. My first baby that i would have to kill is other classes work. if i can't sacrifice the quality of some of my other projects i dont know if i can finish this piece.

Im not concerned with how long the piece will be so my time baby will be spared.

I already decided ahead of time that i was not going to add shadows and highlights (i was already way to ambitious about this piece and suffered for it) so my detailed baby will also be spared since the detail is in the backgrounds.

Im glad i decided to use paintings and photoshop for my backgrounds. i makes it easier for time and i dont have to redraw any backgrounds.

And lastly 'inking' quality. to be frank ive come to have flash. i tried in the beginning to make my inking look good but flash wants to disagree with me. So my inking quality baby has to die.

wow only 2 out of 5 babies are going to be killed in the making of the piece!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see progress on the piece this week - the deer and girl run cycles look good.

    re: baby killing, I agree - shading not necessary. piece will look good with your backgrounds and color palette.

    are you adjusting "smoothing" in Flash's brush tool to try and get a more faithful line?

    re: time: the piece must fit into 90 seconds to 2.5 minute timeframe, including titles but not credits - that's what you need to watch for.

    please edit your calendar for this and next week to be more specific.

    ReplyDelete