Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Journal April 2, 2013

Q: What will you do with your film when you are done?

A: Well the very first thing that Im probably going to do is post it on the internet. YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, the works. Then if it is good enough (to me) and gets enough views I might send it to my professors from DCAD. Heck I'll probably send it to them anyway. Im also going to put it in my demo reel that Im currently working on. Im not sure if this is going to be a calling card film, depending on how well it turns out it might. If it is easy enough I think I would send it to small american film festivals. Lastly, I highly doubt that this is the piece that will land me a job but I think its the one that will peak people's interest.

Just realized that this wasn't the actual journal question...

Q1: What is your biggest time management challenge, and what is your plan for dealing with it from here through the end of the semester?

A: Being lazy doesn't help. Im just throwing it out there. Also I've been revising the crap out of this film since day one and that sets me back too. When I have too much time on my hands I usually don't get things done if that makes any sense to you. Im thinking of staying in school after hours everyday and not just wednesdays.

Q2: Which of your classmates' films do you particularly like? Why? What is the strongest element of their piece? Where would you make a suggestion?

A: I really like Eun Ock's idea for her animation. Its cute, funny and simple. The way that she tells the story is also pretty clever and adorable. I think the strongest element in her piece is the fact that its a story within a story. Making the setting as a school play also supports it's cuteness. Which is good i like the idea of kids telling a story within a play! The only thing I would suggest is adding textures. Because the style is so simple a little texture could add to the piece even more!

1 comment:

  1. Alex,

    You need an organized, strict, perhaps even rigid approach to dealing with time management:
    • schedule two-hours a sessions, three sessions per week
    • move on to the next thing even if you haven't finished with the current item
    • update your production calendar to reflect this

    ReplyDelete